Now that you have cast a vision for your ideal home, it is time to create a nourishing atmosphere in your home. Atmosphere is defined as “a surrounding or pervading mood, environment, or influence”. Pay close attention to the last word, “influence”. We start and end our days at home. Home is where we learn and practice new things before we do them in front of other people. It is where children develop relationship skills and learn how to navigate in the world. Even as adults, home is where we come to recover and regroup after a long day’s work. The atmosphere in your home influences your ability to show up big and bold in the world and accomplish your dreams.
How to create an influential and nurturing atmosphere
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are members of your household accepted and loved unconditionally?
- Do they feel safe to try new things and be themselves?
- How often do you and your family spend time encouraging and affirming each other?
- How much focused time do you spend doing things together without distractions?
- Is everyone responsible for their own actions and belongings? Or are some carrying a big burden while others get a free ride?
When you cultivate an atmosphere of love and acceptance, safety, togetherness, and set some boundaries/responsibilities you are creating a place where everyone can feel supported as they develop their talents and become their best.
What is one thing you can begin doing (or stop doing) this week to enhance the atmosphere of your home? Share it with us!
Have a great week!